We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced social care professional to work in a large Nursing home in South West London
To take a proactive role within the home, providing adequate staff development and resolution of problems as required.
To maintain and monitor the health and welfare of the clients group ensuring current health needs are met.
As a Training Manager your duties will include:
• To recruit, interview and appoint suitably trained and experienced staff for the Home, utilising all resources available
• Ensure that staff are properly trained, supervised and appraised .To personally undertake staff supervision.
• Ensure that training is planned, resourced and delivered within the training and development budget.
• Holding and taking part in staff meetings and set follow-up actions as per outcome of the meetings.
• Ensure all staff have an individual training plan developed following staff’s training needs assessments and appraisal and kept within personal files.
• Ensure care staff without qualifications are enrolled on approved care qualifications programme and monitor their progress.
• To adhere to, and put into practice, all company policies and procedures, as and when appropriate.
• To deliver staff training and source outside training to ensure training requirements are met.
• To effectively manage and train staff in line with the requirements of the Care Standards Act 2000; Quality Assurance Systems and Investors In People Awards
• To participate in day and night-time audits of the Care Centre, and report any areas of concern in a timely fashion
• To effectively manage and work within the allocated budget
• To monitor staff attendance through the devising of Duty Rosters, Sickness and Absence Reports and effective management of annual leave and training attendance in accordance with the Home staffing notice and Company Policy and Procedures;
• To have a clear understanding of the varied and diverse multicultural ethnic minority needs of the Service Users, and to meet those needs through a non-discriminatory approach to Service delivery
• To effectively manage one’s own workload, prioritise tasks and maintain professional development
• To provide support and advice to all subordinate staff, within the Home, through effective leadership
• To initiate performance management and disciplinary procedures as per company policy.
• To conduct oneself as a professional role model, through behaviour, communication skills, appearance and standards of personal hygiene, at all times
Clinical Experience Desirable
• Must have Train the trainer qualifications relevant for practices in care homes
• Experience in recruitment, development and retaining of staff
• A1 /A2 NVQ Assessor Award desirable
• Experience of working with residents that have dementia
• Experience of managing a team and carrying out supervision
Interested? Then send us your CV and we will consider you for the first round of interviews
To apply for this or similar opportunities, please click the apply button, alternatively please contact Kelly on 0121 362 2315.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us