We’re looking for an experienced Underwriting Specialist to work for our client.
They are a specialist mortgage lender who take a more human approach to underwriting, committed to ongoing improvement with a product offering that is constantly evolving to meet the changing needs of borrowers.
The company pride themselves on providing a premium service offering to their intermediary partners and this role is key in delivering this service proposition.
If you can demonstrate specialist mortgage lending expertise, strong regulatory knowledge, as well as a passion for delivering excellence in customer service then you could be perfect and we’d love to see your CV.
You would play a key role as part of a team of Underwriting Specialists, Lending Administrators and Broker Support, using your customer service skills and mortgage industry experience to provide the initial underwrite of an application. Responsibilities will include…
– Providing a premium customer experience in every interaction with internal and external stakeholders through clear, consistent and transparent communication.
– Building rapport with brokers, distributors and internal teams, ensuring that outcomes are achieved for the customer
– Ensure all processing is made within regulatory standards, aligned with business needs and delivered to the lending risk strategy in line with business objectives
– Ensuring all new applications meet the required documentation for a credit decision
– Assess valuation reports, credit reports, income evidence, bank statements and any other relevant supporting documentation against lending criteria and policies
The company’s Head Office is based in Uxbridge however staff are working from home and applications from candidates able to work remotely from across the UK will be considered.
The ideal candidate for the Underwriting Specialist role will be a highly-skilled and accomplished Underwriter with significant mortgage lending experience and a strong background in application processing in order to support intermediaries in understanding application requirements.
– Former packaging experience advantageous
– Specialist Lending experience advantageous
– Full understanding of DPR system advantageous
– Regulatory knowledge, FCA, TCF, MCOB (MMR changes)
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Proactive, hardworking and flexible approach, able to work under own initiative and as part of a team
– Attractive salary depending on experience
– Benefits: You’ll receive private medical insurance, contributory pension scheme, discounted gym membership, fantastic career development opportunities plus much more with the role.
Think that this Underwriting Specialist role is the perfect job for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Just click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
We are acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this role.