Care Perspectives is an integrated therapeutic residential care home group for children between 8 and 18 years with a wide range of complex needs, including; Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Autism, Attachment difficulties and those who present with associated challenging needs.
This role will be predominately based within a new residential service based in Great Barr, in Birmingham. The service has the capacity to support up to 4 children and young people with various needs. Unlike the other services within the Care Group, this service will focus more on supporting children and young people with complex learning disabilities, Autism, ASD, potential behaviours that challenge and complex care needs. Candidates should have experience of supporting individuals with similar needs and be able to demonstrate a passion for working with this client group.
Waking Night Support Workers will do a varied month by month rota, usually 3 nights on 2/3 nights off working 10pm-8am. Waking Night Support Workers, should be able to work flexibly to suit the needs of the service and the children and young people they support.
As a Waking Night Support Worker, you will;
- Deliver the highest standard of care to the residents
- Ensure the young people’s physical and psychological welfare is well looked after.
- Tend to any household duties that may need completing
To qualify for the Support Worker role, you will need;
- Experience within children’s residential (Essential)
- Experience of supporting wither adults or children with mental health needs, complex care needs, ASD or profound learning disabilities (Essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude with motivation to achieve excellence
- Experience of communicating via alternative methods of communication e.g. MAKATON or PECs (Desirable)
- An NVQ / QCF Level 3 (Children’s & Young People) (Essential)
- A UK driving licence (Desirable)
- Be able to work flexibly to suit the needs of the service
*Care Perspectives is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
If you feel that you meet the requirements of this role or would like to discuss the role in some further detail, please contact; Rhianna McCabe on 0121 362 2333.
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.