This may seem strange to some of you, but us recruiters to receive gifts from our clients and job-seekers.
And when we do, we’re always absolutely delighted (of course).
It’s such a nice gesture.
Ok… ALMOST always.
Sometimes, just sometimes, things get a little bit weird.
Perhaps a gift is just TOO much. Or too little… or just a bit creepy.
Heads up – if you’re feeling grateful for a recruiter that helped you land a job – a bunch of flowers or a card would probably do…
So, have you cancelled that order of garden gnomes going to the recruiter that helped you out?
(I’m not going to lie – I’d absolutely LOVE to receive any of these gifts…)
If you’re interested in knowing more about recruiters or recruitment agencies, these blog posts will help you out:
- 8 Things Jobseekers Need to Know About Dealing With Recruitment Agencies
- 5 Things You Should Know About Job Recruiters
- 4 Different Types of Recruitment Agencies
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Recruiters (But Were Afraid To Ask).
- How to Follow Up After an Interview, Without Annoying the Recruiter
If you’d like to read more funny (and slightly silly) stories like this one, feel free to subscribe to our blog here.