Position: Full Stack Java Developer
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: Circa £35,000 to £45,000 plus Benefits
This is a great opportunity for a mid-level software developer with three years’ experience in Java to join the software development team of a market leading analytics consultancy established for 25 years and based in the heart of Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter.
You will be looking to join a relaxed but innovative company offering excellent personal development opportunities with the chance to develop new technical skills whilst being mentored by a senior developer.
You need to be self-motivated, looking to work across all aspects of the SDLC and able to hit the ground running as part of the team.
You will have an enthusiasm for the latest technologies and will be looking to work in a fast moving, friendly environment on challenging but exciting projects.
We have already built a really powerful platform on Azure using CloudFoundary that we are now using to deliver truly innovative solutions to a wide range of enterprise customers. Latest project – spotting WW2 bombs under the North Sea!
We are looking for someone with the some or all of the following:
- Excellent Java 8+ and Java EE knowledge
- Experience using Angular
- PostgreSQL & PostGIS
- Experience using the open source frameworks such as Spring & Hibernate and understand the advantages of using them
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Ability to provide input to architecture and design considerations on a project
- Understanding of OOP and SOLID principles
- Ability to work with customers to scope, design and realise a project
The following skills would also be desirable but not essential:
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of cloud native fundamentals
- Good knowledge of Design Patterns
It is a great place to work to work. Not least they have a bar, in their office, that opens at 4pm on a Friday. It’s not the only thing but it does give a great idea of who they are.
This is a great opportunity to take your career in development to the next level with a supportive and growing company.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us